Your Go-to Asphalt Shingle Roofing Contractor
We at Semper West Roofing take pride in being one of the best professional roofing contractors serving Maryland and Virginia. Our more than 30 years in the roofing industry have not only provided us with a reputation of being authorities in what we do; it has also given us the experience to back it up. Our staff of expert roofers are dedicated craftsmen who continuously strive to give our clients the best service. Our teamwork makes it so that our collective knowledge makes us find solutions for whatever roofing and construction problems you may have. Check out our customer reviews and see for yourself!
As roofers, one of our specializations is with asphalt shingle roofs. Certified as Shingle Masters by roofing material manufacturers CertainTeed, our crew are more than capable of installing, repairing, and maintaining your asphalt roofs.
Benefits of Asphalt Shingle Roofing
There are reasons why asphalt shingle roofing is one of the most popular roofing materials among property owners in Maryland and Virginia. Asphalt shingle roofing consists of fiberglass and miniature bits of asphalt granules and comes in numerous designs and colors. Depending on your preferences, you can always choose what is within your budget range. The following are the benefits of having an asphalt shingle roof.
- Variety: There is plenty for everyone when it comes to asphalt shingle roofing. If you are looking for a specific color or design, you can not go wrong with shingle roofing. All you need is to decide how much you are willing to spend and choose the best material design within that range.
- Easy Installation: Asphalt shingle roofing is easy to install, and it will take a short time for the technicians from Sharp Roofing to install your roof. Call us today at 301-874-9055 to get the best roof installation services.
- Affordable: Asphalt shingle roofing is a pocket-friendly roofing material if you compare it to others like standing seam metal roof and tile roofing. It is an attainable target for most homeowners. As if that is not impressive enough, asphalt shingle roof repairs are also pocket-friendly.
- Soundproof: It is good at blocking off noise from your property, making it suitable for a place with too many activities underway.
- Adds value: Asphalt shingle roofing is popular among property owners and is an appealing sight to most home-buyers.
- Durability: If there is a seamless installation, you can rely on your new roof without repair for between 20 to 25 years.
Give Us A Call Today
There are many reasons why you would choose to go with asphalt shingle roofing for your residential property. No matter the reason behind choosing asphalt shingle roofing, when you call us with a project, expect lasting solutions. Our technicians are professionals with years of experience and can guarantee you success no matter the project. For more information on asphalt shingle repair and replacement in Maryland and Virginia call Semper West Roofing and Siding today at 301-874-9055.
What Are Asphalt Shingles?
Asphalt shingle roofs are the most common type of roof across the United States. Because of their popularity, they come in a variety of types and options for the homeowner. We ourselves at Semper West have an extensive collection of asphalt shingles that will be perfect for your home.
Also called bitumen tiles in other countries, asphalt shingles are so-called because they are sheets impregnated with asphalt. In terms of base materials used, there are basically two classifications of asphalt shingles. Organic shingles are made of natural materials such as plant fibers, cellulose, or tree bark. The second type is fiberglass, which is a newer technology that makes it more fire-resistant compared to organic shingles.
Signs That the Roof Needs a Replacement
Since you are now aware of the things that are happening to your roof, you need to keep a lookout for the following signs that it needs to get replaced:
Generally, asphalt shingle costs lie somewhere in between the price spectrum of roofing materials. This gives them a good balance of quality and affordability that makes them attractive to the average homeowner.
Asphalt roofs have a very high kindling point, making them extremely resistant to fire. As mentioned before, among the two types, fiberglass shingles are more fireproof than organic shingles.
If well placed, preferably by an expert roofer, asphalt roofs can last from a decade up to twenty years.
The surface of asphalt shingles keeps out harmful ultraviolet rays from getting into your home. An added benefit is that your air conditioning bills can also go down since they’ll not have to work so hard to keep your home and your family cool.
Ease of Installation
With a good roofing crew, having an average-sized roof installed with asphalt shingles will only need a day or two in fair weather.
Because of their popularity, many roofing material manufacturers have put a lot of asphalt roofing varieties out there. This makes it easier to decide, with so many choices for you to decide which one will be perfect for your home.
Unlike other roofs made from large, sometimes single pieces; the construction of asphalt shingle roofs makes them easy to look after. Instead of needing to fix the whole roof; you’ll only need to remove the damaged or torn shingles and their surrounding areas. Costs, therefore, can be kept down, in terms of money, labor, and manhours.
Choosing Your Roof
Get the Best People to Do the Job for You
Shingle roofs are the standard for any US roofing company. For us at Semper Roofing, they are our specialty. As certified experts in using products from roofing construction material manufacturers like CertainTeed, Tamko, and GAF; you can rest assured that you’ll not only have the best quality roofing materials, you’ll also have the best people to put them up.